Let’s say it: The FiveM scene is hard – as the competition is HUGE. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll share my journey and strategies that have helped me and my team build one of the most successful FiveM servers out there. From humble beginnings to becoming a recognized name in the FiveM community, the road was filled with learning and innovation.
To introduce myself: My name is Luke and I ran a successful US-based FiveM server til 2023. We had 250 players at peak times and I decided to quit. BUT (!) I learned what FiveM players want and how to succeed. Today I tell you everything secret about the FiveM scene.
Find out what FiveM players REALLY want
FiveM is more than just a modded client; it’s a platform for creativity, community, and competition. Before diving into server setup and management, it’s essential to immerse yourself in the world of FiveM:
Play on different servers, understand what players are looking for, and identify what makes a server stand out.
So what do players actually want…?
My personal experience: What people (mostly) want is – without a doubt – ingame cash, cars and mansions. And add new stuff, scripts and mods. Keep people busy.
Yes, RP (without a doubt) is important, but property and gangs are (for most players) more important than a good RP story. This is a fact and I’ve seen it so many times – on so many servers.
The first step: Creating an Engaging Server Concept
Your server’s concept is your brand. It must be unique, engaging, and well-thought-out.
What makes your server so special? Whether you’re focusing on role-playing, racing, or a unique mix of activities, ensure it resonates with your target audience. Think outside the box – perhaps a server themed around a popular TV show or a completely original concept that hasn’t been explored yet.
If you hear ‘NoPixel’, what comes to your mind? Probably: Popularity, Full servers. Paid whitelist. Not-so-good roleplay. Right? Choose to create a brand that sticks to your mind.
Second step: Master the Technology of your Server
Nothing is destroying your server’s vibe, and players fun more than technical issues. Invest in robust server hardware and ensure your server runs smoothly with minimal downtime. Regular maintenance and updates are crucial. Work with skilled developers to create custom scripts that enhance gameplay and keep your server ahead in terms of features and stability.
If you are looking for decent FiveM hosts, check out this list
Community Engagement – VERY Important!
The heart of any FiveM server is, without a doubt, its community. Create a welcoming, inclusive, and engaging environment. Implement fair rules and ensure they are enforced by a team of dedicated moderators and admins. Engage with your community through social media, forums, and in-game events. Feedback is crucial – listen to your players and implement changes that enhance their experience.
Marketing Your Server – These tips will bring players
Visibility is key. Utilize social media platforms, gaming forums, and community groups to promote your server. Collaborate with content creators and influencers for wider reach. Don’t just advertise; create compelling content that showcases the unique aspects of your server, be it through trailers, gameplay highlights, or community stories.
- Create partnerships with huge streamers (like xQc)
- Use TikTok, Instagram or other platforms to share content
- Find influencers that play on your server
- Add your server to popular web server lists like https://fivem-serverlist.com/
- Do never. Ever. Poach players from another competitor. DON’T!
- Motivate players to create content for your server
While monetization is important, it must be balanced with player experience. Offer cosmetic items, VIP memberships, or other non-pay-to-win options. Ensure that monetization is fair and doesn’t disrupt the gameplay balance.
- Create a Tebex shop for your server (click here for a tutorial, it’s easy)
- Sell ingame cars, memberships or other things via that shop*
- Monetize your whitelisting (priority whitelisting)*
- Create priority joining queue lists*
*don’t do that before your server hits 50 players (peak time). Trust me
What to do – Checklist
Dominating the FiveM server landscape requires a blend of creativity, technical expertise, community management, and marketing savvy. It’s about creating an experience that players can’t find anywhere else. Stay true to your vision, listen to your community, and never stop innovating. The path to the top might be challenging, but with dedication and passion, your server can become a standout in the vast world of FiveM.
Understand FiveM Players’ Desires
- Learn what FiveM players want. How you learn that: by playing on different servers.
- They mostly want: In-game cash, cars, mansions, scripts, and really good resources / mods on your server.
- While RP is important, property and gangs often take precedence.
Create an Engaging Server Concept
- Develop a unique and captivating concept.
- Ensure it resonates with your target audience.
- Aim for a memorable brand identity.
Master Server Technology
- Invest in robust server hardware for minimal downtime.
- Regular maintenance and updates
- Collaborate with skilled developers for custom scripts.
Focus on Community Engagement
- Build a welcoming community.
- Implement and enforce fair rules.
- Engage with players through various platforms and gather feedback.
Effective Server Marketing
- Utilize social media, forums, and influencers for promotion.
- Create engaging content to highlight server uniqueness.
- Partner with streamers and list your server on popular platforms.
- Offer cosmetic items and VIP memberships.
- Ensure fair monetization that doesn’t disrupt gameplay balance.
The Path to Success
- Blend creativity, technical expertise, community management, and marketing.
- Stay true to your vision and continually innovate.
- Dedication and passion can lead your server to stand out in the FiveM community.